Who doesn’t love a German Shepherd? They have such a sweet, regal look and are so intelligent and protective of the ones they love.
According to the American Kennel Club, the German Shepherd is the second most popular dog breed (out of nearly 200 other breeds) in the United States. So, we have compiled a list of sayings about this popular family dog for you to find the best quote to describe your four-legged companion!
Table of Contents
Funny German Shepherd Dog Quotes
1. A house is not a home without a German Shepherd. Unknown
2. The more I get to know about people, the more I get to love my German Shepherd. Unknown
3. The German shepherds are so smart that they understand every language you speak, not just German. Unknown
4. No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does. Christopher Morley
5. German shepherds are very hard working: they work like dogs. Unknown
6. If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them. Phil Pastoret
7. The average dog is nicer than the average person. Andy Rooney
8. Leave me alone. I am only talking to my German Shepherd. Unknown
10. The only thing better than coffee is my German Shepherd
11. Dogs never bite me. Just humans. Marilyn Monroe
12. I was thinking of getting a German Shepherd once, but I didn’t want to learn another language just to have a dog.
13. If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog. Harry S. Truman
RELATED: FUNNY CORGI DOG QUOTES
German Shepherd Shedding quotes
14. German Shepherds only shed twice per year: January to June and then again July to December.
15. No outfit is complete without my German Shepherd’s hair on it. Unknown
German Shepherd as the Best Running Mate
17. If you want to lose weight, adopt a German shepherd. They are the best running mate in the world. What’s a better way to exercise than running with the man’s best friend?
18. Your dog can become the toughest running partner that you have ever had and will keep you motivated.
19. Even though the German Shepherd loves running, remember to not let them run too far when they are young to avoid damaging your puppy’s joints and bones that are not yet fully formed.
German Shepherd as Protector
20. German Shepherds like barking. Especially when they feel lonely being separated from their human family.
21. When a German Shepherd gets lonely, you can expect a lot of barking.
22. Why spend $5000 on a home security system when I’ve already got a German Shepherd
23. I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it. Cesar Millan
24. Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like a German shepherd.
25. My German Shepherd can run 40 yards in 4 seconds. Want to try your luck?
26. If you want to avoid your German Shepherd from barking at night, keep your four-legged buddy inside the house with you at night.
27. My best friend has fur, paws, and 42 sharp/scary teeth. What’s your next move?
RELATED: PITBULL DOG QUOTES
German Shepherd as Best Friend
29. What did humans do to deserve German Shepherds?
30. Money can buy you a fine dog but only love can make him wag his tail. Kinky Friedman
31. All you need is love…and a German Shepherd. Unknown
32. When I look at my German Shepherd, I don’t see a dog. I see a friend, a family member, a protector.
33. Never trust anyone that doesn’t like your German Shepherd.
34. Home is where the dog runs to greet you. Unknown
35. I am not single. I have a German Shepherd.
36. A dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of. Jill Abramson
37. A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary? John Grogan, Marley & Me
38. STRANGER: How many kids do you have? ME: 3 including the one with big ears that sheds all the time.
39. Who needs a best friend when you’ve got a German Shepherd
40. My German Shepherd makes me happy, even if men don’t.
41. German Shepherds are where the heart is.
42. When an eighty-five-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad. Kristan Higgins
43. My German Shepherd is like a good drop of wine…she/he warms my soul in ways no person can.
44. A German Shepherd is one of the only dogs in the world that loves you more than he loves himself.
45. To you, your German Shepherd might just be your dog; To your German Shepherd, you are everything.
46. According to a research by a canine behaviorist, the German Shepherd is the third most intelligent of 199 purebred dog breeds.
Love Quotes for German Shepherds
48. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras
49. The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants. Johnny Depp
50. Happiness is a warm puppy. Charles Schultz
51. A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you have that in your life, things won’t be too hard. Robert Wagner
52. There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. Ben Williams
53. If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man. Mark Twain
54. If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
55. Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate. Sigmund Freud
57. Dogs do speak but only to those who know how to listen. Orhan Pamuk
58. The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog. M.K. Clinton
59. Some say angels have wings. The lucky ones of us know that they have four paws. Unknown