Do you struggle when asked whether you are an extrovert or introvert?
Do you feel that you are actually a little bit of both? May be you are an “ambivert”. Check out the 66 quotes below to see if you are a real ambivert and learn why it’s the best of both worlds.
The Ambivert Personality
1. Some people think I am quiet, while others think I am very social.
2. I can perform tasks alone or in a group.
3. Social settings don’t make me uncomfortable, but I am tired of being around people too much.
4. An extrovert may make small talk with strangers in an elevator, an introvert might look away or put in headphones to avoid interaction, but I can choose either one, depending on who I talk to.
5. I don’t always need to be moving, but too much down time makes me feel bored.
7. I can get lost in my own thoughts just as easily as I can lose myself in a conversation.
8. Small talk doesn’t make me uncomfortable, but it does get boring.
9. When it comes to trusting other people, sometimes I am skeptical, and other times, I dive right in.
10. If I spend too much time alone, I get bored, yet too much time around other people makes me feel drained.
12. I might be the one to help break an awkward silence, making others who are more introverted feel comfortable starting a conversation.
13. This mind of mine is deeper than most people care to swim.
14. I act differently around different people. It’s not because I am fake, but because I have a different comfort zone around certain people.
16. I want to go out, but not for too long.
17. I am very talkative when stimulated but I am happy to listen and observe.
18. I think aloud and I am weary of others’ opinions.
19. I like to try new things but I need notice in advance to prepare.
21. I like socializing but I feel drained if I socialize too much
22. I like small talk but I adore deep conversations
23. I am an extrovert but I don’t want to indjuge with society. I ain’t an introvert but I do need peace and space from people of different variety.
24. I love going out and being surrounded by my friends, but I also crave the time I can spend completely alone with no distractions.
26. “There is no window to look outside. There is no window to look within. Open the doors.” Sanhita Baruah
The Ambivert Advantage
27. “Ambiverts know when to speak up and when to shut up, when to inspect and when to respond, when to push and when to hold back.” Daniel Pink
28. “Ambiverts typically can adapt to context and situations more easily.”
29. “Ambiverts offer a good balance between the hypersensitivity of some introverts and the domineering attitude of some extroverts.”
30. “Ambiverts have a distinct advantage over true introverts and extroverts. Because their personality doesn’t lean too heavily in either direction, they have a much easier time adjusting their approach to people based on the situation. This enables them to connect more easily, and more deeply, with a wider variety of people.” Travis Bradberry, 9 Signs that you’re an Ambivert
31. “Because they naturally engage in a flexible pattern of talking and listening, ambiverts are likely to express sufficient assertiveness and enthusiasm to persuade and close a sale, but are more inclined to listen to customers’ interests and less vulnerable to appearing too excited or overconfident.” Travis Bradberry, 9 Signs that you’re an Ambivert
Funny Ambivert Quotes
32. “If I do go out, half the time I end up wishing I stayed at home.”
33. “It is a constant battle for every ambivert to choose between going out with friends, and staying home alone.”
34. “I’m pretty friendly, but I haven’t mastered the art of small talk.”
35. “I’m neither extrovert nor introvert. I’m just an imperfect example of an ambivert.” Irfa Rahat
36. “I love to talk to people, but I need to plan it out first.”
38. “My level of outgoingness varies from day to day, so I never really know what to expect.” Hanifah Rahman
39. “I often swing from pinging everyone as I feel lonely to ignoring everyone to be alone.”
40. “Ambiverts say yes to too many things because they aren’t sure what will work best for them.” Vanessa Van Edwards
42. “Ambiverts’ extroverted side says yes to things in the future, but then their introverted side had a hard day and no longer wants to go.” Vanessa Van Edwards
43. “I’m either way too familiar or just painfully shy — it’s all very confusing.”
44. “When ambiverts are in a bad mood…nothing sounds fun.” Vanessa Van Edwards
45. “Ambiverts like going out only when they are in the right mood, with the right people.” Vanessa Van Edwards
Read also: 160+ Unique Ways to Say “You Are Amazing”
Ambiverts in Love
47. “My version of flirting is looking at someone I find attractive multiple times and hoping they are braver than I am.”
48. “Ambiverts can be the life of the party, but can also listen carefully and gain someone’s trust.”
49. “My extroverted traits help them meet and interact with more people, while the introverted traits help me develop deeper bonds.”
50. “When it comes to people I am interested in romantically, I will probably prefer to interact alone, rather than in a group conversation where I have to share floor with numerous other people.”
See Also: Love Quotes For Your Nerdy Valentine
Ambiverts at Work
52. Ambivert leaders can choose to display more extrovert or introvert qualities based on the needs of the employees.
53. I feel comfortable taking center stage if needed, but I also know when to step back and listen.
54. “Ambiverts are uniquely equipped to move comfortably between raucous social settings and intense solitude, and while they know how to assert their opinions, they refrain from being aggressive or boorish.” Jason Ankeny
56. “[In ambiverts] you see a good balance between talking and listening. Extroverts make the mistake of dominating the conversation and not hearing enough ideas from the people around them. Introverts make the opposite error of staying quiet too often and not bringing their ideas forward. A mix of that can be pretty helpful when it comes to generating ideas for what visions and strategies your startup should be pursuing—or when it comes to pitching investors.” Adam Grant, Rethinking the Extraverted Sales Ideal: The Ambivert Advantage
57. “If we accept the premise that management and entrepreneurial leadership require adaptive flexibility to engage in both introverted and extroverted tasks, which I believe they do, then we can see that those in the middle have more of that adaptive flexibility than those at the extremes.” Brian Little, Me, Myself and Us: The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-Being
58. “What gives ambiverts strength is the same thing that gives bilingual people strength—they can talk to and understand introverts in their organization, and they can talk to and understand extroverts in their organization.” Brian Little, Me, Myself and Us: The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-Being
59. “A person who can act out of character, who can adopt either the extroverted style or the introverted style, is the prototype of the great leader.” Brian Little, Me, Myself and Us: The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-Being
60. “There is no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert … Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum.” Carl Jung
61. “There is, finally, a third group … This group is the most numerous and includes the less differentiated normal man.” Carl Jung
62. “What I like about ‘ambivert’ is it reflects that introversion and extroversion are really a spectrum. People are located at different spots along that spectrum. It’s a more accurate way of describing who people really are.” Daniel Pink, To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others
63. Susan Cain, Attorney, Author. Her book “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t stop talking” has helped people understand introverts, and helped introverts embrace who they are.
64. Abraham Lincoln, US President, and Attorney. He was reserved but powerful, and instrumental in re-uniting a divided nation and ending slavery.
65. Mahatma Gandhi, Political Activist who embodied quiet power as he worked for justice in South Africa and India.
66. Marilyn Monroe, Actress. Her introversion lent to her image, making her seductive and mysterious